Assistant Professor and Lynn A. Calpeter Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellow in Finance
- Doctorate The Ohio State University, 2010
- Master's Degree Duke University, 2001
- Bachelor of Science Bowling Green State University, 1998
Professor Yonker is an assistant professor and the Lynn A. Calpeter Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellow in Finance at the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management.
Dr. Yonker's primary research interests are in the areas of corporate finance, behavioral finance, and investments. Utilizing tools from psychology, sociology, and economics, Dr. Yonker investigates how identifiable differences in “key” market players impact the important decisions that they make. His work has been accepted for publication in The Journal of Finance, The Review of Financial Studies, The Journal of Financial Economics, Management Science, and The Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis; has been cited by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and Bloomberg Business Week; and has been featured on the Fox Business Channel.
Dr. Yonker teaches undergraduate courses in investments and corporate finance.
- Bernile, G., Bhagwat, V., & Yonker, S. E. Board Diversity, Firm Risk, and Corporate Policies. Journal of Financial Economics.
- Yonker, S. E. (2017). Do Managers Give Hometown Labor an Edge? Review of Financial Studies. 30:3581–3604.
- Gurun, U., Stoffman, N., & Yonker, S. E. (2017). Trust Busting: The Effect of Fraud on Investor Behavior. Review of Financial Studies.
- Yonker, S. E. (2017). Geography and the Market for CEOs. Management Science. 63:609-630.
- Israelsen, R., & Yonker, S. E. (2017). Key Human Capital. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. 52:175-214.
- Pool, V. K., Stoffman, N., & Yonker, S. E. (2015). The People in Your Neighborhood: Social Interactions and Mutual Fund Portfolios. Journal of Finance. 70:2679–2732.
- Pool, V. K., Stoffman, N., & Yonker, S. E. (2012). No Place Like Home: Familiarity in Mutual Fund Manager Portfolio Choice. Review of Financial Studies. 25:2563-2599.
- Cronqvis, H., Makhija, A. K., & Yonker, S. E. (2012). Behavioral Consistency in Corporate Finance: CEO Personal and Corporate Leverage. Journal of Financial Economics. 103:20-40.