- Associate Professor
- Behavioral Economics and Decision Research
- Corporate Finance
Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
Professor Yonker is an Associate Professor at the Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management. His primary research interests are in the areas of corporate finance, behavioral finance, and investments.
His work has been accepted for publication in The Journal of Finance, The Review of Financial Studies, The Journal of Financial Economics, Management Science, and The Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis; has been cited by the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and Bloomberg. He serves as an Associate Editor at the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Cronqvis, Henrik; Makhija, Anil; Yonker, Scott. "Behavioral Consistency in Corporate Finance: CEO Personal and Corporate Leverage"Journal of Financial Economics. 103.1 (2012): 20-40
- Pool, V; Stoffman, N; Yonker, Scott. "No Place Like Home: Familiarity in Mutual Fund Manager Portfolio Choice"Review of Financial Studies. 25.8 (2012): 2563-2599
- Pool, V.; Stoffman, N.; Yonker, Scott. "The People in Your Neighborhood: Social Interactions and Mutual Fund Portfolios"Journal of Finance. 70.6 (2015): 2679–2732
- Yonker, Scott. "Do Managers Give Hometown Labor an Edge?"Review of Financial Studies. 30.10 (2017): 3581–3604
- Yonker, Scott. "Geography and the Market for CEOs"Management Science. 63.3 (2017): 609-630
- Gurun, U.; Stoffman, N.; Yonker, Scott. "Trust Busting: The Effect of Fraud on Investor Behavior"Review of Financial Studies. 31.4 (2018): 1341-1376
- Bernile, G.; Bhagwat, V.; Yonker, Scott. "Board Diversity, Firm Risk, and Corporate Policies"Journal of Financial Economics. 127.3 (2018): 588-612
- Pool, Veronika; Stoffman, Noah; Yonker, Scott; Zhang, Hanjiang. "Do Shocks to Personal Wealth Affect Risk-taking in Delegated Portfolios?"Review of Financial Studies. 32.4 (2019): 1457-1493
- Kleiner, Kristoph; Stoffman, Noah; Yonker, Scott. "Friends with Bankruptcy Protection Benefits"Journal of Financial Economics. (forthcoming).
- Gurun, Umit; Stoffman, Noah; Yonker, Scott. "Unlocking clients: The importance of relationships in the financial advisory industry"Journal of Financial Economics. (forthcoming).
Awards and Honors
- Wharton Research Data Services Best Paper Award in Empirical Finance (2016) Western Finance Association Conference
- Best Paper Award (2017) Ohio State University Alumni Conference
- Best Paper Award (2010) 18th Mitsui Finance Symposium
- SAC Capital Ph.D. Candidate Award for Outstanding Research (2010) Western Finance Association
- Best Discussant Award (2017) Red Rock Finance Conference
- AEM 4570 - Corporate Finance
- PhD Ohio State University, 2010
- MA Duke University, 2001
- BS Bowling Green State University, 1998