Companies with highly structured management practices attract, keep top workers, and those with structured operations attract top-flight managers.
Professor Eswar Prasad examines the implications of the rise of digital currencies in newest book.
What influences retail stock investing? Advertising–that's according to Dyson Professor Jura Liaukonyte and her co-researchers.
The Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management is home to many distinguished faculty, along with a team of research and outreach staff.
Faculty in the Dyson School have expertise across a broad range of academic subjects as well as across a wide range of contemporary issues facing businesses and society. These include:
- Factors that predict future returns on stocks
- Psychology of eating behaviors and their implications for health
- Economics of biofuels
- Pathways from careers in science to entrepreneurial businesses
- Competitor awareness in brand advertising
- Informal credit and economic development in emerging markets
- Market behavior and policy in energy markets
- Gender influences on household investment decisions
- Relationships between supply chain efficiency and local food preferences
- Policies and practices to address income inequality and poverty
- Federal policies to mitigate risk in food production
- And much more!
These accomplished teachers, researchers, and practitioners embody and carry out the school’s mission to create and disseminate knowledge and solutions in applied economics and management.
Our faculty specialize in any of a number of concentrations, and their work has yielded a rich history of papers, publications, and research bulletins. They also are frequently featured in the news and other media, called upon to lend expertise and perspective on prominent, timely issues affecting business and consumers.
We invite you to explore what Dyson has to offer beyond its teaching programs and academic research. Check out our areas of expertise for a more detailed listing of current topics on which Dyson faculty engage. Listen to faculty discuss research findings and comment on current issues. Dig more deeply into facets of contemporary topics through our academic papers. See what our faculty are doing and how they are working to build a better world.