Areas of Expertise
- Doctorate School of Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1999
- Master of Science University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1984
- MBA University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1984
- Bachelor of Science Universidad Simón Bolívar, 1982
Pedro David Pérez teaches large format introductory courses to business management and entrepreneurship at Cornell since 2001. He has degrees in Chemical and Industrial Engineering, M.B.A., and Ph.D. in Management.
I teach introductory courses to business management and to entrepreneurial practice. The format of the courses varies from large enrollment, lecture based; to case study and experiential.
- Nadkarni, S., Herrmann, P., & Perez, P. D. (2011). Domestic Mindsets and Early International Performance: The Moderating Effect of Global Industry Conditions. Strategic Management Journal. 32:510 - 531.
- Nadkarni, S., & Perez, P. D. (2007). Prior conditions and early international commitment: the mediating role of domestic mindset. Journal of International Business Studies. 38:160-176.
- Perez, P. D., Malella, L., & Mallenbaum, A. (2016). A New Hairstyle for L’Oreal in America? AEM1200 Spring 2016 and AEM2200 Fall 2016.
Presentations and Activities
- Strategies for Growth in an Entrepreneurial Environment. Food Industry Management Program. March 2015. United Fresh.
- Strategies for Growth in an Entrepreneurial Environment. Food Industry Management Program. March 2014. United Fresh.
- AEM 1200: Introduction to Business Management
- AEM 1201: Business Management
- AEM 1210: Entrepreneurial Thought Leadership Seminar
- AEM 1230: Foundations of Entrepreneurship and Business
- AEM 2200: Business Management and Organization
- AEM 2400: Marketing
- AEM 4940: Ethical Issues in Business & Management