Smart Marketing Newsletter
- December 2018 New York State Pricing Information of Local Berries Davis, Gómez, and Pritts
- November Are U.S. Riesling Wines Correctly Priced Given Their Tasting Scores Fried and Tauer
- September Location, Location, Location- How do Competition and Local Market Conditions Influence Food Hub Viability? Cleary, Thilmany, Goetz, and Ge
- June Climate Change and Increasing Risks to the Global Food Supply Chain Eiseman, Hoffmann
- March Comparing the Costs and Environmental Impacts of Conventional and Controlled Environment Agriculture Leaf Lettuce Supply Chains Nicholson, Gómez, Harbick, Mattson
- December 2019 Food System Outlook Park
- September How ‘Bout Them Apples? Schmit, Severson, Strzok, Barros
- September Case Studies Show Value of Foods Produced in the Northeast Park
- August Amazon.com As Disruptor: How Should Food Suppliers Respond? McLaughlin
- April Blueberries: Is Supply Developing More Rapidly than Demand? Park, Cook
- February Food Waste: The Role of Date Labels, Package Size, and Product Category, Wilsona, Rickard, Saputob, Ho
- January Improved Meat Marketing for Small Scale and Direct Marketing Farms in the Northeast: Part IV: Pricing for Profit, LeRoux, Matthew
- December Improved Meat Marketing for Small Scale and Direct Marketing Farms in the Northeast PART III. Choosing Your Marketing Channels, LeRoux, Matthew
- November Improved Meat Marketing for Small Scale and Direct Marketing Farms in the Northeast, Part II: Creating Measurable Marketing Objectives, LeRoux, Matthew
- October Improved Meat Marketing for Small Scale and Direct Marketing Farms in the Northeast, Part I: Understand the customer and their needs: Developing marketing strategy, LeRoux, Matthew
- September Dazed and Confused? Consumers’ Health and Nutrition Issues, Hawkes, Rod
- August Turbulence in the Grocery Aisles, Drake, William
- June Creating an Optimal Promotional Strategy for Your Business, Perosio, Debra Wood
- May USDA’s Local Food Marketing Practices Survey: What Can We Learn?, Park, Kristen
- November Winners and Losers in the Grocery Industry from Deflation, Harig
- October The Effect of Tasting Sheet Sensory Descriptors on Tasting Room Sales, Thomas, Gómez, Gerling, Mansfield
- September Suggestions for New Food Hubs When Building Relationships with Producers and Buyers, Severson
- July Food Hub Expectations of Farmer-Producers, Severson
- June Assessing the Need for a Food Hub, Severson
- May The Implications of Interstate Commerce Restrictions on Retail Egg and Pork Prices and Demand Kaiser
- March Produce Industry Procurement Study Results, Part I: Describing Retail and Wholesale Produce Buyers Park, Kristen
- March Produce Industry Procurement Study Results, Part II: The Procurement Office Park, Kristen
- March Produce Industry Procurement Study Results, Part III: Procurement Technology Park, Kristen
- March Produce Industry Procurement Study Results, Part IV: Transportation Park, Kristen
- September To Buy or Not to Buy: Influencing Customers Throughout the Consumer Decision Making Process Perosio, Debra
- August Resources for New York State Food and Beverage Producers Considering Export Opportunities Manning, Jim
- July Growing Exports of New York’s Agricultural, Food, and Beverage Businesses Manning, Jim
- May Evaluating Consumer Response to Labels and Packaging in the Market for Baby Foods Fang, Peixun
- April Creating an Exciting, Enticing and Energetic Store through Merchandising Perosio, Debra
- March An Overview of Emerging Business Models in the Local Foods Landscape Bauman, Allie, Dawn Thilmany, Becca Jablonski, and Dave Shideler
- February Summit Offers Opportunity to “Connect the Dots: between Upstate and DownstateThaler-Carter, Ruth
- December Natural & Gourmet Supermarkets Driving Supermarket Growth Hawkes, Rod
- November A Case Study of Price Premiums for Local Foods in Tompkins County, New York Tang, Yijia, Miguel Gomez, and Kristen Park
- October Gaining a Competitive Advantage for Your Business Perosio, Debra
- October Pricing Tactics for the Farm Store Park, Kristen
- August Pricing for Your Farm Store Park, Kristen
- June Emerging Food Hubs: What’s in It for You? Park, Kristen and Bob Weybright
- March A Needs Assessment for Farmers’ Markets: A Survey of Market Managers Haseler, Jarmila
- January Appalachian Sustainable Development: A Food Hub Model Park, Kristen
- December The Price of a Thanksgiving Dinner Park, Kristen
- October What Are Food Hubs and Why Do They Matter? Barham, James
- September Consider a Food Bank As a Market Opportunity Severson, Roberta M.
- July Placement: Key Factors in Choosing a Distribution Channel Cuellar-Healey, Sandra
- June Do Restaurants Cater to Locapours? Using Zagat Survey Data to Examine Factors That Influence Wine List Selections Perla, Joseph, Bradley Rickard, and Todd Schmit
- May The Changing Face of Community Supported Agriculture Miner, Avi
- April Farm-to-Hospital Programs: Factors Influencing Hospital Participation Smith, Bobby J. II
- January How Food Marketers Can Make “Win-Win” Adjustments to their Strategies to Help Consumers Eat Better while Staying Profitable Pearson, Brooke and Kristen Park
- November Making the Most of Collaborative Marketing for Your Farm Ochterski, Jim
- October Choosing the Best Marketing Channels for Producers Selling Meat & Livestock LeRoux, Matthew
- September How Would Trade Liberalization with Canada Impact Tasting Room Sales of New York State Wines? Perla, Joseph M. and Bradley J. Rickard
- August Smart Marketing Includes Services & Relationships Not Just Products Henehan, Brian
- July Cause Marketing Opportunities: GleanNY, Donating Food from Farms to NY’s HungrySchuelk Staehr, Rebecca and Michael Hoffman and Miguel Gomez
- June Local Food Intermediaries — Do They Matter in the NYS Economy? Jablonski, Becc and Yuri Mansury
- May What is Your Agricultural Commodity Really Worth Henehan, Brian
- February Farm to City Expo: Connecting Farmers to NYC’s Wholesale Food System Park, Kristen
- January Producers’ Opinions on MarketMaker Impacts Cho, Khin Mar and Donald Tobias
- December Purchasing Organic Foods in New York State Henehan, Brian
- November Evaluating Advertising Strategies for Fruits and Vegetables and the Implications for Obesity in the United States Liaukonyte, Jura, Brad Rickard, Harry Kaiser, and Timothy Richards
- October It’s All What You Call It: The Importance of Names for New Apple Varieties Rickard, Brad, Todd Schmit, Miguel Gomez, and Hao Lu
- September Farm-to-School Programs: Factors Influencing Farmer Participation Nicholson, Chuck
- August Farm-to-School Programs: Farmer Involvement Differs Nicholson, Chuck
- July Linking Small and Mid-Scale Farms to Markets: The Case of CNY Bounty Jablonski, Becca
- June FREE Marketing Resource: New York MarketMaker Khin Mar Cho, Donald J. Tobias
- April Organic Agriculture in New York State Henehan, Brian
- March Adapting Marketing to Changing Customer Behaviors and DemandsSchulman+Thorogood Group
- February Do Price Premiums Exist for Local Products? Park, Kristen, and Miguel I. Gomez
- January How Do Consumers Respond to Advertising Programs for Fruits and Vegetables Rickard, Brad, Julia Liaukonyte, and Harry M. Kaiser
- December Sustainability and Smart Marketing Hawkes, Rod
- October Tips for Marketing in the Local Meats Market Part II, Talking to Customers LeRoux, Matthew
- September Tips for Marketing in the Local Meats Market LeRoux, Matthew
- August Expanding Farm-to-Chef Sales in Your Market Area – Lessons from Columbia County, NYSchmit, Todd, and Stephen Hadcock
- July 15 Case Studies on Local Food Supply Chains Park, Kristen
- June Developing a Wine Marketing Plan for a New Winery White, Gerald
- April Cheese, Please! Park, Kristen, and Debra J. Perosio
- March Factors Affecting the Presence of New York Wines in Upscale New York City RestaurantsPreszler, Trent, and Todd Schmit
- January To Buy or Not to Buy …. Influencing Your Customer’s Purchases Perosio, Debra
- December 20 Ways Farmers Can Improve their Marketing Chops Becker, David
- November “Terroir” or “Tastes Better” The combination of cultivation and culture Weybright, Bob, and Leach, Cheryl
- September Drivers of Vendor Satisfaction and Performance at Farmers’ Markets Schmit, Todd M., Miguel I. Gomez, and Bernadette Logozar
- August Maple Weekend: An Educational Event That Has Built a Retail Market Expansion Childs, Steve
- July How Much are Consumers Willing to Pay for Local, Organic, and Nutrition Attributes?Rickard, Brad
- June Successful Local Marketing Henehan, Brian M.
- May Should Customer Satisfaction Be Part of Specialty Crop Growers’ Marketing Strategy?Gómez, Miguel I.
- April Estimates of Produce Sales through Retail and Foodservice Channels Park, K., Kaufman, P.
- March Choosing the Right Marketing Channels for Small-Scale Vegetable Producers LeRoux, M., Schmit, T.
- February Links Between Dietary Recommendations and Farm Income for Horticultural CropsRickard, B.
- January Should Production in High Tunnels Be Part of Your Specialty Crop Enterprise? Wien, Gómez, and Rickard
- December Organic Shoppers and Supermarket Retailers Talk about Organics Park, K., D. Perosio, and McLaughlin, E.
- October Hoop Houses Help Meet Demand for Locally Grown Food Conner, D.S.
- August Food Safety: Its Effect on Marketing Park K. and Perosio, D.
- July Does Your Marketing Program Have a GPS? Part III Perosio, D.
- June Does Your Marketing Program Have a GPS? Part II Perosio, D.
- May Does Your Marketing Program Have a GPS? Part I Perosio, D.
- March Perishable Product Distribution: Marketing Opportunity or Albatross? Part One Gloy, A
- December Fluid Milk Category Management – A Retail Approach to Improving Milk Sales Schmit, T. and C. Chung
- October What’s Ahead for Consumer Fluid Milk and Cheese Demands? Schmit, T. and H. Kaiser
- August Finding Market Information for Agriculture Products – Where Can You Go? Park, K.
- July The Hispanic Market in the US – Opportunities and Challenges for the Food Industry Cuellar, S.
- June Managing Marketing Risks (29 KB) Henehan, B.
- May Smart Distribution Strategies – A Review of Some Northeast Distribution Businesses and Their Strategies Barry, J.
- April Pricing Your Products to Survive Rising Energy Costs Uva, W.
- March Marketing Specialty Cheeses in NY: A Piece of Cake? Gloy, A., M. Stephenson
- February Year-Round Marketing of the Seasonal Agriculture Enterprises – Tips and TechniquesWeybright, R., Uva, W.
- January Year-Round Marketing of the Seasonal Ag Enterprise – Should I or Shouldn’t I? Weybright, R., Uva, W.
- November Changing Priorities – The Gateway to New and Exciting Opportunities in School Foodservice Operations S. Cuellar
- October Positioning Your Product in Today’s “Supply Chain” B. Henehan
- September Fruit Consumption, Dietary Guidelines, and Agricultural Production in NY: Implications for Local Food Economies C. Peters, N. Bills, J. Wilkins, R. Smith
- August Growing for Profit – Managing Crop Mix According to the Market W. Uva
- June Marketing Strategies of Exemplary Organic Farmers D. Conner
- May Marketing Fruit E. Parkinson
- April Marketing Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Imports in the US: Status, Challenges and Opportunities S. Cuellar
- February Vegetable Consumption, Dietary Guidelines and Agricultural Production in NY State: Implications for Local Food Economics C. Peters, N. Bills, J. Wilkins, R. D. Smith
- January Some Facts and Myths About “Eliminating the Middleman B. Henehan