- Extension Associate
- Food Industry Management
- Food and Agricultural Economics
Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
Food Industry Management Program, Extension Associate
M.S. Animal Science, Michigan State University; M.S. Agricultural, Resource, and Managerial Economics, Cornell University
Park conducts applied research on a variety of food marketing issues, most notably for the fresh produce distribution system. She, with the Food Industry Management team, recently completed a study of produce procurement offices. She also recently authored two chapters in the book, Growing Local: Case Studies on Local Food Supply Chains. In addition, she is a member of a multi-state team, funded by USDA, which is assessing benefits of regionally produced foods for retailers and consumers located in low income communities. She is leading the development of over ten supply chain case studies for the team.
Park has researched an extensive census of a multi-country growing region in New York State assessing current and future production of fruits and vegetables, the viability of the food and beverage industry in New York State, and was an author of a series of research projects and reports produced for The Produce Marketing Association, the Fresh Track reports.
She also has the privilege of selecting and traveling with Cornell students on various international field trips and trade association conventions.
- Clancy, Kate; Bonanno, Alessandro; Canning, Patrick; Cleary, Rebecca; Conrad, Zach; Fleisher, David; Gómez, Miguel; Griffin, Timothy; Lee, Ryan; Kane, Daniel; Palmer, Anne; Park, Kristen; Peters, Christian; Tichenor, Nicole. "Using a Market Basket to Explore Regional Food Systems" Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development. 7.4 (2017): 163-178
- Hawkes, Rod; Park, Kristen; McLaughlin, Edward. "Retail Strategies, Policies and Practices Implementing the Food Safety Modernization Act". USDA. (forthcoming).
- Gomez, Miguel; McLaughlin, Edward; Park, Kristen. "Case Studies on Local Food Supply Chains: Apple Case Studies in the Syracuse, New York MSA." Comparing the Structure, Size, and Performance of Local and Mainstream Food Supply Chains, Ed. R. King, Ed. M. Hand, Ed. M. Gómez. University of Nebraska Press. (2014)
- McLaughlin, Edward; Park, Kristen; Hawkes, Rod. "Produce Industry Procurement: Changing Preferences and Practices". Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, Cornell University. EB 2015-10 (2015)
- MS Cornell University, 1999
- MS Michigan State University, 1986
- BS Michigan State University, 1982