Jawad M. Addoum
- Assistant Professor
- Robert R. Dyson Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellowship in Finance
- Behavioral Economics and Decision Research
- Behavioral Finance
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Household Finance
- Portfolio Choice
Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
Jawad M. Addoum is an assistant professor of finance and Robert R. Dyson Sesquicentennial Fellow in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University. Professor Addoum's research focuses on portfolio choice, empirical asset pricing, and behavioral finance. His current work examines the determinants of investment decision-making among individual and institutional investors, as well as the effects of investor behavior on stock returns. Professor Addoum's research has been published in leading academic journals, including the Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Review of Economics and Statistics, and Management Science.
Professor Addoum earned a PhD in finance at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. He completed his undergraduate degree in mathematics and statistics at the University of Waterloo, where he was awarded Dean's Honors. He also holds an undergraduate degree in finance from the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University, where he was a President's Centennial Scholar.
- Addoum, Jawad; Murfin, Justin. "Equity Price Discovery with Informed Private Debt"Review of Financial Studies. (forthcoming).
- Addoum, Jawad; Kumar, Alok; Le, Nhan; Niessen-Ruenzi, Alexandra. "Local Bankruptcy and Geographic Contagion in the Bank Loan Market"Review of Finance. (forthcoming).
- Addoum, Jawad; Ng, David; Ortiz-Bobea, Ariel. "Temperature Shocks and Establishment Sales"Review of Financial Studies. 33.3 (2020): 1331-1366
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Ke, Da; Kumar, Alok. "Underreaction to Political Information and Price Momentum"Financial Management. 48.3 (2019): 773-804
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Korniotis, George; Kumar, Alok. "Income Hedging, Dynamic Style Preferences, and Return Predictability"Journal of Finance. 74.4 (2019): 2055-2106
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Korniotis, George. "Consumption-Income Sensitivity and Portfolio Choice"The Review of Asset Pricing Studies. 9.1 (2019): 91-136
- Addoum, Jawad. "Household Portfolio Choice and Retirement"Review of Economics and Statistics. 99.5 (2017): 870-883
- Addoum, Jawad; Korniotis, George; Kumar, Alok. "Stature, Obesity, and Portfolio Choice"Management Science. 63.10 (2017): 3393–3413
- Addoum, Jawad; Kumar, Alok. "Political Sentiment and Predictable Returns"Review of Financial Studies. 29.12 (2016): 3471-3518
- AEM 4570 - Corporate Finance
- AEM 4590 - Financial Markets And Institutions
- AEM 4970 - Individual Study in Applied Economics and Management
- AEM 6990 - M.P.S. Research
- AEM 4980 - Supervised Teaching Experience
- AEM 4990 - Undergraduate Research
- PhD Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, 2012
- BS University of Waterloo, 2007
- BBA Wilfrid Laurier University, 2007