Jawad M. Addoum
- Associate Professor
- Behavioral Finance
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Household Finance
- Portfolio Choice
- Climate Finance
Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
Jawad M. Addoum is an associate professor of finance in the SC Johnson College of Business at Cornell University. Professor Addoum's research focuses on portfolio choice, empirical asset pricing, and behavioral finance. His current work examines the determinants of investment decision-making among individual and institutional investors, as well as the effects of investor behavior on stock returns. Professor Addoum's research also contributes to the emerging field of climate finance and has been published in leading academic journals, including the Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Economics and Statistics, and Management Science.
Professor Addoum earned a PhD in finance at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. He completed his undergraduate degree in mathematics and statistics at the University of Waterloo, where he was awarded Dean's Honors. He also holds an undergraduate degree in finance from the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University, where he was a President's Centennial Scholar.
- Addoum, Jawad; Ng, David; Ortiz-Bobea, Ariel. "Temperature Shocks and Industry Earnings News"Journal of Financial Economics. 150.1 (2023)
- Addoum, Jawad; Eichholtz, Piet; Steiner, Eva; Yönder, Erkan. "Climate Change and Commercial Real Estate: Evidence from Hurricane Sandy"Real Estate Economics. (forthcoming).
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Ke, Da; Korniotis, George. "Industry Clusters and the Geography of Portfolio Choice"Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. (forthcoming).
- Addoum, Jawad; Murfin, Justin. "Equity Price Discovery with Informed Private Debt"Review of Financial Studies. 33.8 (2020): 3766-3803
- Addoum, Jawad; Ng, David; Ortiz-Bobea, Ariel. "Temperature Shocks and Establishment Sales"Review of Financial Studies. 33.3 (2020): 1331-1366
- Addoum, Jawad; Kumar, Alok; Le, Nhan; Niessen-Ruenzi, Alexandra. "Local Bankruptcy and Geographic Contagion in the Bank Loan Market"Review of Finance. 24.5 (2020): 997-1037
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Korniotis, George; Kumar, Alok. "Income Hedging, Dynamic Style Preferences, and Return Predictability"Journal of Finance. 74.4 (2019): 2055-2106
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Korniotis, George. "Consumption-Income Sensitivity and Portfolio Choice"Review of Asset Pricing Studies. 9.1 (2019): 91-136
- Addoum, Jawad. "Household Portfolio Choice and Retirement"Review of Economics and Statistics. 99.5 (2017): 870-883
- Addoum, Jawad; Kumar, Alok. "Political Sentiment and Predictable Returns"Review of Financial Studies. 29.12 (2016): 3471-3518
Awards and Honors
- Merrill Presidential Scholars Program Faculty Honoree (2023) Cornell University
- Poets & Quants Best Undergraduate Business Professors (2022) Poets & Quants
- Merrill Presidential Scholars Program Faculty Honoree (2021) Cornell University
- Outstanding Early Career Achievement Award (2020) Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
- Merrill Presidential Scholars Program Faculty Honoree (2020) Cornell University
- MGMT 5260 - Advanced Corporate Finance
- AEM 2240 - Finance for Dyson Majors
- PhD Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, 2012
- BS University of Waterloo, 2007
- BBA Wilfrid Laurier University, 2007