Jawad M. Addoum
Robert R. Dyson Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellow
- Behavioral Economics and Decision Research
- Behavioral Finance
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Household Finance
- Portfolio Choice
ContactCharles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
Cornell Directory Entry
Jawad M. Addoum is an assistant professor of finance and Robert R. Dyson Sesquicentennial Fellow in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University. Professor Addoum's research focuses on portfolio choice, empirical asset pricing, and behavioral finance. His current work examines the determinants of investment decision-making among individual and institutional investors, as well as the effects of investor behavior on stock returns. Professor Addoum's research has been published in leading academic journals, including the Journal of Finance, Review of Financial Studies, Review of Economics and Statistics, and Management Science.
Professor Addoum earned a PhD in finance at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. He completed his undergraduate degree in mathematics and statistics at the University of Waterloo, where he was awarded Dean's Honors. He also holds an undergraduate degree in finance from the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University, where he was a President's Centennial Scholar.
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Korniotis, George; Kumar, Alok. "Income Hedging, Dynamic Style Preferences, and Return Predictability" Journal of Finance. (forthcoming).
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Korniotis, George. "Consumption-Income Sensitivity and Portfolio Choice" The Review of Asset Pricing Studies. (forthcoming).
- Addoum, Jawad; Delikouras, Stefanos; Ke, Da; Kumar, Alok. "Under‐Reaction to Political Information and Price Momentum" Financial Management. (forthcoming).
- Addoum, Jawad. "Household Portfolio Choice and Retirement" Review of Economics and Statistics. 99.5 (2017): 870-883
- Addoum, Jawad; Korniotis, George; Kumar, Alok. "Stature, Obesity, and Portfolio Choice" Management Science. 63.10 (2017): 3393–3413
- Addoum, Jawad; Kumar, Alok. "Political Sentiment and Predictable Returns" Review of Financial Studies. 29.12 (2016): 3471-3518
- AEM 4570 - Corporate Finance
- AEM 6990 - M.P.S. Research
- AEM 4980 - Supervised Teaching Experience
- Ph D Duke University, Fuqua School of Business, 2012
- B. Sc. University of Waterloo, 2007
- BBA Wilfrid Laurier University, 2007
In the news
November 03, 2016
Physical Stature As A Teen Could Predict Future Stock Choices