- Nandlal P. Tolani Senior Professor of International Trade Policy
- Emerging Markets and Development
- Applied Economics
- Emerging Markets
- International and Development Economics and Policy
Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management
Eswar Prasad is the Nandlal P. Tolani Senior Professor of Trade Policy and professor of economics at the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University. He is also a Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution, where he holds the New Century Chair in International Economics, and a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research. He was previously chief of the Financial Studies Division in the IMF's research department and, before that, was the head of the IMF's China division. Eswar Prasad received his PhD from the University of Chicago. His research has spanned a number of areas, including labor economics, business cycles, and open economy macroeconomics. His extensive publication record includes articles in numerous collective volumes and top academic journals. He has co-authored or edited several books and monographs on financial globalization, China, and India. His current research interests include the macroeconomics of globalization, the relationship between growth and volatility, and the Chinese and Indian economies. He has contributed op-ed articles to the Financial Times, Harvard Business Review, International Herald Tribune, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post. He has testified on multiple occasions before the Senate Finance Committee, House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services, and the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission.
- Prasad, Eswar. The Future of Money: How the Digital Revolution is Transforming Currencies and Finance. Harvard University Press. (forthcoming).
- Prasad, Eswar. Gaining Currency: The Rise of the Renminbi. Oxford University Press. 1st edition (2016): 344pp
- Prasad, Eswar. The Dollar Trap: How the U.S. Dollar Tightened Its Grip on Global Finance. Princeton University Press. (2014): 440pp
- Kose, M.; Prasad, Eswar. Emerging Markets: Resilience and Growth amid Global Turmoil. Brookings Institution. (2010): 210pp
- AEM 4545/ECON 3545 - International Finance and Macroeconomics
- AEM 7670/ECON 7670 - Topics in International Finance
- PhD University of Chicago, 1992
- MA Brown University, 1986
- BA University of Madras, 1985