The Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management offers one management minor and three applied economics minors.
The AEM minors are available to all undergraduate students at Cornell University, EXCEPT for Dyson majors.
Declaring the Minor
Please visit the Business Minors website to enroll in the minor. Students may sign up starting their freshman year and must declare their intent to minor by their sixth semester.
To complete the Declaration of Intent, select the current and future courses to fulfill each category in the minor.
Completing the Minor
Courses and grades are self-reported by the student. Once all coursework has been met, students should certify completion. The Minors office will verify completion and submit for the minor to be listed on the student’s transcript.
Dropping the Minor
There is no penalty for not completing or dropping the minor. To drop a minor, students should select “Drop Minor” from their Minors profile.
Transfer courses are not allowed for the core requirement courses.
Transfer requests must be submitted and reviewed PRIOR to taking the course. The request will be reviewed by the curriculum committee and the Minors office will respond with an approval/denial.
Please submit the Transfer Request, located on the Minors website. A full copy of the course syllabus is required and must include the following information: mode of instruction, institution, instructor, number of course credits, meeting times/hours, exam schedule and list of topics covered.
A course is acceptable for transfer credit only if it is listed on the student’s college transcript. Students should check with their college registrar for specific policies about transfer credit before taking a course outside of Cornell University.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better if taking for a letter grade.
- Taking a pre-requisite course S/U is permitted.
- AP credit or transfer credit is acceptable for the pre-requisite course as long as the course is listed on the student’s transcript.
- Online courses are acceptable for pre-requisite courses as long as the course is listed on the student’s transcript and must be submitted for approval prior to taking the course.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of C or better.
- Transfer courses are not allowed for the Required Courses.
- 1 core course (maximum 3 credits) from outside Cornell University may be applied toward the minor and must be submitted for approval prior to taking the course.
- No double counting courses that overlap the AEM minors.
- To count toward AEM credits, the course must be taken with the AEM course code.
To learn more about each course, click on Cornell’s Courses of Study.
*Courses effective July 1, 2019.