Faculty in the Dyson School have expertise across a broad range of academic subjects as well as across a wide range of contemporary issues facing businesses and society. These include:
- Factors that predict future returns on stocks
- Psychology of eating behaviors and their implications for health
- Economics of biofuels
- Pathways from careers in science to entrepreneurial businesses
- Competitor awareness in brand advertising
- Informal credit and economic development in emerging markets
- Market behavior and policy in energy markets
- Gender influences on household investment decisions
- Relationships between supply chain efficiency and local food preferences
- Policies and practices to address income inequality and poverty
- Federal policies to mitigate risk in food production
- And much more!
As a vital part of Cornell's legacy as New York's land grant university, the Dyson School has since its inception played an important role in translating the expertise and research insights of the university to practical application in New York, the U.S., and the world. Today's Dyson School faculty build on that historic role and expands into an even wider set of topics.
In these pages, we invite you to explore what Dyson has to offer beyond its teaching programs and academic research. Check out our areas of expertise for a more detailed listing of current topics on which Dyson faculty engage. Listen to faculty discuss research findings and comment on current issues. Dig more deeply into facets of contemporary topics through our academic papers. See what our faculty are doing and how they are working to build a better world.