Career Preparation Resources and Videos
The videos posted here are just an inkling of the types of career prep tutorials and “crash courses” you’ll find all around campus through different channels. In addition, below are just a few of the media resources to consider as key steps to personal prep!
- Chatter, our online community that provides critical information about, well, everything
- Alumni Advisor Network, where you can connect with Dyson, CALS, and Cornell alumni for career conversations, resume critiques, and mock interviews
- Studio 150, our recently launched communications studio, named in honor of Cornell’s Sesquicentennial, to capture lessons learned and industry tips from our alumni
- Visiting Executive Roundtables, spontaneous brainstorming sessions recorded for sharing
- LinkedIn, a directory of more than 3,000 Dyson alumni representing a wide array of roles and opportunities
Resume and Cover Letter Preparation for Professional Service Firms
Get prepared for your upcoming job search with professional service firms (accounting, consulting, etc.) by viewing the video of a workshop conducted by Jack Little.
Download the PowerPoint presentation on resume and cover letter preparation and then follow along as you watch the video.
Part I: Preparing for a First-Round Interview with a Professional Service Firm
Get prepared for your upcoming first-round interviews with professional service firms by viewing the video of a workshop conducted by Jack Little.
Download the PowerPoint presentation on preparing for a first round interview and then follow along as you watch the video.
Part II: Preparing for a Second-Round Interview with a Professional Service Firm
You’ve landed a second-round interview! Now get prepared to land the job during your upcoming second-round interview with a professional service firm by viewing the video of a workshop conducted by Jack Little.
Download the PowerPoint presentation on preparing for a second round interview and then follow along as you watch the video.
Case Interview Workshop
Case interviewing is a critical component of any interview with a professional service firm, plus banks are also increasingly using this interview technique. It pays to practice and to be prepared. View the video of a workshop conducted by Ernst & Young representatives Keyuri Shah, Bea Smith ’09 (Dyson alum), and Aaron Feinberg ’08 (ILR alum).
Jack Little, CPA
"Yes, it is possible to meet the educational requirements of the CPA exam while at Cornell! Contact me if you want to know more."