The name of the department—now a school!— may have changed over the years, but the quality of the education and experience is stronger than ever. Whether you graduated in 1965 or 2015, you can consider yourself a graduate of the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management.
Our graduates are such a big part of the strength of our brand. Let everyone know you are a Dyson school alum and get involved! Our students, faculty, and staff benefit greatly through your involvement and support. And remember, whatever works for you, works for us. We'll make it easy for you to volunteer and show your support.
Ways to Get Involved
Our students, faculty, and staff benefit greatly through your involvement and support. Here are just some of the ways.
Stay Connected with Social Media
|Join the Dyson School's LinkedIn Page: Post links to job opportunities, take part in discussions, mentor undergraduates, share your career success! Group name is: Cornell University Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management.|
|Follow the Dyson School on Twitter: And retweet! Help us build the Dyson School brand.|
|Follow us on Facebook: Stay up-to-date on the latest news and happenings.|
|Follow us on Instagram: Experience #thedysonlife. And connect with current students by tagging your photos of life and careers after graduation using #thedysonlink.|
|Become a regular visitor to the Dyson School's website: Another excellent way to stay up-to-date on all things Dyson.|
Engage with Students
- Sign up or update your profile on Cvisors: Cvisors is a new platform for alumni who have volunteered to talk with Dyson and CALS students about careers, internships, job search, graduate and professional school, and more.
- Host a Dyson student in your workplace for 1 or 2 days of job shadowing: The Cornell Extern Program is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors during winter break; the Cornell FRESH program is for freshmen during spring break.
- Don't forget to hire Dyson interns and graduates! Contact Angela Petrucco, director of career management, to post your company/agency/university openings for current students and alumni. Also, be sure to list job opportunities on the Dyson School's LinkedIn group page.
- Let us know when you will be back on campus: We'll make it easy for you to participate in Dyson career panels, student resume critiques and practice interviews, Dyson courses as a guest lecturer, graduate student seminars, or a graduate student's research project. For career-related activities, please contact Angela Petrucco. For guest lecturing, seminar, and research possibilities, contact Tim Oonk.
- Buy a Dyson School T-shirt from the Cornell Store.