Areas of Expertise
- Agricultural Profitability
- Master of Professional Studies Cornell University, 1994
- Bachelor of Science Cornell University, 1988
Ed Staehr is the Executive Director for NY FarmNet/NY FarmLink in the Department of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University. His organizations help farm families who are experiencing personal or financial stress, as well as farms that wish to link one generation to the next through farm transfers, partnerships, retirement/estate planning, and business planning. NY FarmNet provides free, confidential consulting to farm families throughout New York State. A key interest for Staehr is increasing the number of farm business transfers from one generation to the next.
Outreach and Extension Focus
NY FarmNet provides free, confidential consulting to farm families in New York State who would like to improve farm profitability, transfer the farm to the next generation, and improve communication and personal well being.
- Staehr, A. E. (2015). Human resource risk and succession planning: Implementing an integrated personal and financial consulting model in New York State. Agricultural Finance Review. 75:133-139.
- Schmit, T. M., & Staehr, A. E. (2011). Chapter 5: Grain and Feed. p. 9 New York Economic Handbook 2012 Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, Ithaca, NY, USA.
- Staehr, A. E. (2013). Will grains hit a cliff? p. 33 American Agriculturist John Vogel (ed.), Farm Progress Companies.
- Schmit, T. M., & Staehr, A. E. (2012). Wild Grain Ride Likely to Continue. p. 33 John Vogel (ed.), American Agriculturist, Littlestown, PA, USA.
- Bonhotal, J. F., Staehr, A. E., & Schwarz, M. (2009). Are Your Deadstock Piles and Disposal Costs Causing Your Farm Nightmares? p. 21-23 Country Folks Joan Kark-Wren (ed.), Lee Publications, Palatine Bridge, NY.
- Schwarz, M., Bonhotal, J. F., & Staehr, A. E. (2011). How Frequently Should Stalls be Refreshed with New Bedding? p. 57-58 Progressive Dairyman.
Presentations and Activities
- Implementing an Integrated Personal and Financial Consulting Model in New York State. Third Annual International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Insurance Conference. June 2014. Zurich, Switzerland.
- Feed Grains Outlook for 2013. Cornell Agribusiness Economic Outlook Conference. December 2013. Cornell University. Ithaca, NY.