- Applied Economics and Management
- International Development
- Public Affairs
- Doctorate Michigan State University, 1980
- Master of Science Michigan State University, 1977
- Bachelor of Science Southern University, 1975
Ralph D. Christy is Director of CIIFAD and Professor of Emerging Markets at Cornell University, where he teaches and conducts food marketing research and educational programs on the economic performance of markets and distribution systems. He has advised industry leaders and public policy makers on food marketing strategies, economic development, and the organization of the global food economy. A Ph.D. graduate of Michigan State University’s Department of Agricultural Economics, Christy is past President of the American Agricultural Economics Association, and is currently a Board Member of the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation, WinRock International, and the Agribusiness Capital Fund. He is the author of three books, A Century of Service: Land Grant Colleges and Universities, 1890-1990(1992); Achieving Sustainable Communities in a Global Economy (2004); and Emerging Markets (forthcoming). His most recent research calls attention to the role of creating an enabling environment for accelerating agro-industries’ contributions to sustain economic growth and development.
- Christy, R. D., da Silva, C. A., Mhlanga, N., Mabaya, E., & Tihanyi, K. (2014). Innovative Institutions, Public Policies and Private Strategies for Agro-Enterprise Development. p. 368pp World Scientific Pubisher Co. Inc., Singapore.
Presentations and Activities
- Trends in Asian Agri-Business. International Trends of Advanced Agribusiness Management. July 2013. Asian Productivity Organization. Bangkok, Thailand.
- Strategic Thinking. The 13th Making Markets Matter (MMM). May 2013. Market Matters, Inc. Somerset West, South Africa.
- Marketing Strategy. Master Pomologist Course Workshop. March 2013. Cornell University. China.