Jura Liaukonyte joined the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management in 2009. Professor Liaukonyte's research interests lie at the intersection of applied microeconomics, industrial organization and quantitative marketing. Her research examines how advertising (particularly advertising content) and other forms of information affect consumer choices and producer incentives. Since joining Cornell University and starting to collaborate with colleagues in the Dyson School, Dr.Liaukonyte has developed a particular interest in the topics of generic (non-branded) advertising and advertising as a public good. As a result, she has applied her interest in IO and advertising-related topics to pursue research into food marketing and labeling issues.
- Anderson, S., Ciliberto, F., Liaukonyte, J., & Renault, R. (2016). Push-me, Pull-you: Comparative Advertising in OTC Analgesics Industry. RAND Journal of Economics.
- Richards, T. J., Liaukonyte, J., & Streletskaya, N. A. (2016). Personalized pricing and price fairness. International Journal of Industrial Organization. 44:138-153.
- Liaukonyte, J., Streletskaya, N., & Kaiser, H. (2015). Noisy Information Signals and Credence Attribute Labeling. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 40:179-202.
- Liaukonyte, J., Texeira, T., & Wilbur, K. (2015). Television Advertising and Online Shopping. Marketing Science. 34:311-330.
- Liaukonyte, J., Richards, T. J., Rickard, B. J., & Kaiser, H. M. (2014). Under-contribution to generic advertising due to self-interested inequity aversion. European Journal of Agricultural Economics. 42:473-497.
- Liaukonyte, J., Streletskaya, N., Kaiser, H. M., & Rickard, B. J. (2013). Consumer Response to "Contains" and "Free of" Labeling: Evidence from Lab Experiments. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy. 35:476-507.
- Anderson, S., Federico , C., & Liaukonyte, J. (2013). Information content of advertising: Empirical evidence from the OTC analgesic industry. International Journal of Industrial Organization. 31:355-367.
- Liaukonyte, J., Rickard, B., Kaiser, H. M., Okrent, A., & Richards, T. (2012). Economic and health effects of fruit and vegetable advertising: Evidence from lab experiments. Food Policy. 37:543-553.
- Rickard, B. J., Liaukonyte, J., Kaiser, H. M., & Richards, T. (2011). Consumer response to commodity-specific and broad-based promotion programs for fruits and vegetables. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 93:1312-1327.