- Applied Economics and Management
- Doctorate University of California, Haas School of Business, 2002
- Master of Science University of California, Haas School of Business, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts Yale University, 1993
Garrick Blalock joined the Department of Applied Economics and Management in 2002. His research interests include management of technology, firm strategy, and emerging markets.
- Simons, A. M., Beltramo, T., Blalock, G., & Levine, D. I. Using Unobtrusive Sensors to Measure and Minimize Hawthorne Effects: Evidence from Cookstoves. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 86:68-80.
- Harrell, S., Beltramo, T., Blalock, G., Kyayesimira, J., Levine, D. I., & Simons, A. M. (2016). What is a Meal? Comparative Methods of Auditing Carbon Offset Compliance for Fuel-Efficient Cookstoves. Ecological Economics. 128:8-16.
- Beltramo, T., Blalock, G., Levine, D. I., & Simons, A. M. (2015). Does Peer Use Influence Adoption of Efficient Cookstoves? Evidence From a Randomized Controlled Trial in Uganda. Journal of Health Communication: International Perspectives. 20:55-66.
- Beltramo, T., Blalock, G., Levine, D. I., & Simons, A. M. (2015). The Effect of Marketing Messages and Payment Over Time on Willingness to Pay for Fuel-Efficient Cookstoves. Journal of Economic Behaviour and Organization. 118:333–345.
- Simons, A. M., Beltramo, T., Blalock, G., & Levine, D. I. (2014). Comparing Methods for Signal Analysis of Temperature Readings from Stove Use Monitors. Biomass & Bioenergy. 70:476-488.
- Simons, A. M., Solomon, D., Chibssa, W., Blalock, G., & Lehmann, J. (2014). Filling the phosphorus fertilizer gap in developing countries. Nature Geoscience. 7:3.
- Mhalnga, N., Blalock, G., & Christy, R. D. (2010). Understanding Foreign Direct Investment in the Southern African Development Community: An Analysis Based on Project-Level Data. Agricultural Economics. 41:337-347.
- AEM 2600: Managerial Economics I