- Doctorate Cornell University, 1995
- Master of Professional Studies Cornell University, 1992
- Bachelor of Science Cornell University, 1979
Debra Perosio, Ph.D. is a Lecturer in the Food Industry Management Program at Cornell University. She received her Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. degrees from Cornell University. Prior to coming to Cornell, Debbie had extensive experience working with a myriad of food and agricultural businesses both from a production and management perspective.
At Cornell, Debbie conducts research and teaches in the areas of food industry management and marketing. She is very focused on working with undergraduate students both from a teaching and advising perspective. Her research interests and publications are in the areas of food retailing trends and perishable marketing and merchandising. Debbie is the Director of the Food Marketing Fellows Program and the Curriculum Director for LEAD Summer Institutes, a summer business program for high school minorities.
Awards and Honors
- Donald C. Burgett Distinguished Advisor Award (2007)
- Faculty Athletics Representative Cornell University (2014) The National Football Foundation and Fidelity Investments
- Professor of Merit, (2007) College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Merrill Presidential Scholar (2006)
- Merrill Presidential Scholar (2003)
- Perosio, D. J. (2015). To Buy or Not to Buy: Influencing Customers throughout the Consumer Decision Making Process. Smart Marketing Cooperative Extension.
- Perosio, D. J. (2015). Creating an Exciting, Enticing and Energetic Store through Merchandising. Smart Marketing.
- Perosio, D. J., McLaughlin, E. W., & Cuellar, S. R. (2003). A menu of opportunity: Produce in the foodservice industry. FreshTrack 2003 Produce Marketing Association, Newark, DE.
- Perosio, D. J., McLaughlin, E. W., Cuellar, S. R., & Park, K. S. (2001). Supply Chain Management in the Produce Industry. FreshTrack 2001 Produce Marketing Association, Newark, DE.
- Perosio, D. J. (2014). Gaining a Competitive Advantage for your Business. Smart Marketing.
Presentations and Activities
- How to Create Sticky Marketing. Marketing Educators Association Annual Convention. April 2016.
- Wal-Mart vs Wegmans. Ithaca Lutheran Men’s Club. May 2015. Ithaca, NY.
- Teaching Large Lecture Classes: An exploration into a Hybrid On-Line Learning Environment. Marketing Educators Association Annual Convention. April 2015.
- Merchandising and Impulsing Buying. 2014. Cornell Dining Services Executive and Staff.
- Inside the Minds of Consumers and Retailers. Produce Marketing Association Annual Convention. October 2007. Houston, TX.
- Student Experiences with Internships. National Grocers Association Annual Convention. January 2007. Las Vegas, NV.
- Student Perceptions of the Food Industry. National Grocers Association Annual Convention. February 2005. Las Vegas, NV.
- Student Perceptions of the Food Industry. National Grocers Association Leadership Conference. September 2004. New Mexico.
- Food Service, A Menu of Opportunity. Produce Marketing Association Food Service Conference. July 2003. Monterey, CA.
- Sharing Responsibilities, Strengthening Partnerships. Produce Marketing Association Annual Convention. October 2002. New Orleans, LA.