Professor Poczter’s work empirically examines the bank lending channel in emerging markets and the influence of institutional development and public policy on this channel. The aim of her work is to gain a deep understanding of the nature of financial markets in emerging economies, with an eye to the role of the government in promoting growth and the necessity of adapting Western models to emerging environments. In addition to publishing in peer-reviewed journals, she has also educated the public in public policy by publishing opinions in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and other media outlets, as well as appearing on television and radio to discuss current economic issues.
Awards and Honors
- Cornell Class of 2001 Career Achievement award (2016) Cornell University
- Douglas Nigh Award for Interdisciplinary Research in International Business (2015) The Academy of Management
- International Management Division Award for Interdisciplinary Research (2015) Academy of Management
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Teaching Award (2015)
- Poczter, S., & Pepinsky, T. (2016). Authoritarian Legacies in Post-New Order Indonesia: Evidence from a New Dataset. Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies.
- Poczter, S. (2016). Can monitoring improve the performance of state-owned firms? Evidence from privatization in a large emerging market. Industrial and Corporate Change .
- Poczter, S., & Shapsis, M. (2016). Know Your Worth: Angel Financing of Female Entrepreneurial Ventures (Submitted). Small Business Economics.
- Poczter, S. (2016). Industrial and Corporate Change.
- Poczter, S. (2015). Broken Markets and Competitive Advantage.
- Poczter, S., & Leiponen, A. (2015). Relational Financing and Innovation: Evidence from Emerging Economies.
- Poczter, S. (2015). The Long Term Effects of Bank Recapitalization: Evidence from Indonesia. Journal of Financial Intermediation. 25:131-153.
- Poczter, S., Fabrizio, K., & Zelner, B. (2015). Does Innovation Policy Attract International Competition? Evidence from Energy Storage. Evidence from Energy Storage.
- Poczter, S., Gertler, P., & Rothenberg, A. D. (2014). Financial Crisis and Productivity Evolution: Evidence from Indonesia. World Economy. 37:705-731.
- Poczter, S., Fabrizio, K., & Zelner, B. (2015). (Mis)fortune Favors the Prepared Firm..