Professor Poczter’s work empirically examines the bank lending channel in emerging markets and the influence of institutional development and public policy on this channel. The aim of her work is to gain a deep understanding of the nature of financial markets in emerging economies, with an eye to the role of the government in promoting growth and the necessity of adapting Western models to emerging environments. In addition to publishing in peer-reviewed journals, she has also educated the public in public policy by publishing opinions in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and other media outlets, as well as appearing on television and radio to discuss current economic issues.
Awards and Honors
- Cornell University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Junior Faculty Teaching Award (2016)
- Cornell University Class of 2001 Career Achievement award (2016)
- Cornell University Merrill Presidential Scholar Teaching Award (2015)
- International Management Division Award for Interdisciplinary Research, Academy of Management (2015)
- Poczter, S., & Pepinsky, T. (2016). Authoritarian Legacies in Post-New Order Indonesia: Evidence from a New Dataset. Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies.
- Poczter, S. (2016). Can Monitoring Improve the Performance of State-owned Firms? Evidence from Privatization in a Large Emerging Market. Industrial and Corporate Change.
- Poczter, S. (2016). Re-Thinking the Government as Innovator: Evidence from Emerging Markets. (Forthcoming). Asia Pacific Journal of Management .
- Poczter, S. (2015). The Long Term Effects of Bank Recapitalization: Evidence from Indonesia. Journal of Financial Intermediation. 25:131-153.
- Poczter, S., Gertler, P., & Rothenberg, A. D. (2014). Financial Crisis and Productivity Evolution: Evidence from Indonesia. World Economy. 37:705-731.
- Poczter, S. (2016). Business Groups in Emerging Markets: A Survey and Analysis (Revising to Resubmit). Emerging Markets Trade and Finance..
- Poczter, S. (2016). Democratization and the Banking Sector: Are all Banks Affected Equally? (Revising to Resubmit). Journal of Economic Policy Reform..
- Poczter, S., & Shapsis, M. (2016). Know Your Worth: Angel Financing of Female Entrepreneurial Ventures. (Submitted). Small Business Economics..
- Poczter, S., Fabrizio, K., & Zelner, B. (2015). Does Innovation Policy Attract International Competition? Evidence from Energy Storage. (Revising to Resubmit). Research Policy..
- Poczter, S., & Leiponen, A. (2015). Relational Financing and Innovation: Evidence from Emerging Economies. (Revising to Resubmit). Journal of Management Studies..