Calum Turvey received his PhD from Purdue University in 1988 after which he joined the faculty of Agricultural Economics and Business at the University of Guelph, obtaining the rank of professor, until 2002. In 2002 he joined the faculty of the Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics as professor and director of the Food Policy Institute and Chair from 2003-2005. In 2005 he joined the Department of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University as the W.I. Myers Professor of Agricultural Finance. He is the editor of Agricultural Finance Review and conducts research in the area of agricultural finance, risk management and agricultural policy.
Risk Management in Agriculture
Weather Risk Management
Development Finance (China, India, Kenya, Dominican Republic)
Agricultural and Agribusiness Finance
Risk and Risk Management
- Turvey, C. G., Bogan, V. L., & Yu, C. (2012). Small Businesses and Risk Contingent Credit. Journal of Risk Finance. 13:491-506.
- Turvey, C. G. (2011). Microfinance, Rural Finance and Development: Multiple Products for Multiple Challenges: Discussion. American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 93:415-417.
Presentations and Activities
- CAER/IFPRI conference. 2014. CAER/IFPRI. China.
- Financial Inclusion and Rural Financial Services in China. CAER/IFPRI conference. October 2013. CAER/IFPRI. Wuhan China.
- Financial Inclusion and Rural Financial Services in China. NC-1177 Annual Meeting. October 2013. NC-1177. Kansas City.
- A Risk Rationing Model. AAEA Annual Conference. August 2013. American Applied Economics Association. Washington DC.
- Measuring Financial Inclusion Through the Level of Rural Financial Services: A Case Study of Hubei Province, China. AAEA Annual Conference. August 2013. American Applied Economics Association. Washington DC.